- Koorka/chineese potato-1/4 kg
- small onions/shallots-6-7 nos.
- mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- curry leaves-few
- turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- chilli powder- 1 tsp
- coconut oil
- salt-for taste
- Wash and clean chineese potatoes and cut into small wedge like pieces.
- heat coconut oil in a pan (Coconut oil adds more taste than the vegetable oil )
- Add mustard seeds, let it splutter,add few curry leaves.
- Add the cut chineese potato pieces along with turmeric powder and salt.
- Add little water and close and cook for around 10 mins.
- Cut and mince the onions slightly and add to it.
- Add chilli powder and mix well.
- Koorka/chineese potato stir fry is ready.This recepie is a side dish which goes well with rice or chapatis.