Preparation time: 10 mins
cooking time 15 mins
- Banana stem -grated 1/2 cup
- Banana flower – grated 1/2 cup
- Potatoes -boiled and smashed 1 large
- beetroor-grated 1/2 cup
- frozen peas-boiled 1/4 cup
- cumin seeds-few
- turmeric powder-1/4tsp
- black pepper powder-1 tbsp
- garam masala powder-1 tsp
- salt-for taste
- eggs- 2
- bread crumbs-1/2 cup
- oil-for frying
How to prepare:
- Heat oil in a wok.Add cumin seeds,let it splutter.
- Add grated banana flower and stem and saute for 2-3 mins.
- Add grated beetroots and boiled peas annd saute until it becomes soft .
- Add turmeric powder,pepper powder,garam masala powder and salt and mix well.
- Add smashed potatoes and mix well.smash the mixture with a spoon laddle.
- Keep it aside ,let it cool for sometime.
- Shape the mix into oval shaped small pieces.
- Dip the pieces in beaten egg mix first and then roll it over bread crumbs so that all the surfaces are covered well,this makes the cutlet crispy.
- Deep fry it.Serve with tomato ketchup.