- Brown rice-1 cup
- Moong dal-1/2 cup
- onion- 1 finely chopped
- potatoes- 1 cut into small cubes
- carrot- 1 small, cut into cubes
- coriander leaves-inely chopped
- dry red chilli-1
- cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
- salt- for taste
- red chilli powder-1 tsp
- turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- coriander powder-1 tsp
- cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- garam masala powder- 1 tsp
- ghee- 1 tbsp
How to prepare:
- Wash and soak brown rice and moong dal separately for minimum 30 mins.
- In a cooker,heat oil,add mustard seeds,cumin seeds,dry red chilli ,a pinch of asafoetida .Let it splutter.
- Add onion and saute until it turns light brown.
- Add salt ,potatoes and carrots.
- Now add all the spice powders except garam masala and mix well. Add little water and mix so that the spices dont get burnt.
- Add soaked rice and dal to this and mix well.Add 2 to 2 n 1/2 cups of water and pressure cook it till 5-6 whistles.
- After its done ,open the lid add ghee and garam masala ,mix and cook for 2 to 3 mins.
- Serve it hot with papad and pickle.
You must log in to post a comment.