This is a sweet made using sesame seeds and jaggery specially during the occassion of MakarSankaranti .
Serves: 30 ladoos
- Sesame seeds: 250 g
- Jaggery: 1 cup
- Cardamom seeds: few
- Ghee: 3 tbsp
- Roast sesame seeds until it turns golden brown.
- Remove and keep aside.
- In the same wok add 1/2 cup water and jaggery.. cook on high flame for almost 5 mins until it gets caramelized.
- To this add ghee and cardamom seeds.
- Add sesame seeds simultaneously and mix well.
- Now grease a plate with butter or ghee and start making balls while the mixture is warm.
- Let it cool before serving .