Puttu is a traditional kerala dish made from rice flour. We can make it in Puttu maker which is readily available to buy or can be made with coconut shell in pressure cooker.It is served along with non veg or veg gravy.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time :10 mins
- Rice flour: 2 cups
- Grated coconut :1 cup
- Coconut shell: 1
- Roast rice flour for sometime or you can use readymade roasted rice powder.
- Sprinkle water in rice flour little by little until it gets bread crumbs consistency.
- Add 2 cups of water in pressure cooker,remove whistle and keep it on medium flame.
- Take a coconut shell,cleaned completely from inside. Make a hole near the eye of coconut shell with a spoon.
- Fill grated coconut first and add rice flour on top .You can even add grated coconut at the centre.Fill it till top with rice flour and add layer the top with grated coconut.
- Close it with a lid.
- When steam starts coming, keep the coconut shell on top of pressure cooker.
- Cook for 3 to 5 mins.
- Remove from cooker top,let it cool for a minute and flip the coconut shell into a plate and remove puttu.
- Serve hot with any gravy.