Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Toor dal / sambar dal : 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes : 2 chopped med. Size
- Onion : 1/2 finely chopped
- Drumsticks : 7 to 8 pieces chopped
- Coriander leaves : 1 tsp finely chopped
- Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves: 1 sprig
- Dry red chillies : 2
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder : 1 tsp
- Rasam powder: 1 tsp
- Black pepper corns : 1 tsp crushed
- Salt : for taste
- Soak dal for 15 mins.
- Add dal, tomatoes,drumsticks,green chillies ,chilli powder,turmeric powder,black pepper corn,rasam powder ,salt and little water in a pressure cooker and cook till 3 to 4 whistles.
- Dal should be completely cooked.
- Now heat little oil in a kadai add mustard seeds ,let it splutter.
- Add finely chopped onions,curry leaves and dry red chilli. Saute for a minute.
- Pour this on to the cooked rasam and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice.