This is a typical maharashtrian dish. The rasa of this curry is made very spicy and it is had along with chapatis, roti or pav.
Preparation time :10 mins
Cooking time : 15 mins
Serves : 4
- Onion : 2 vertically chopped
- Grated dry coconut /khopra : 1/2 cup
- Garlic cloves : 6 to 7
- Ginger : 1 tsp chopped
- Dry red chilli : 3 to 4
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder: 2 tsp
- Coriander powder: 3/4 tsp
- Garam masala : 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Salt : for taste
- Coriander leaves : 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Tikhat sev : 1/2 packet
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a wok.
- Add onions and saute until it turns little brown.
- Add grated dry coconut ,dry red chilli, ginger and garlic and saute for a minute.
- Remove it from flame , let it cool for sometime.
- Blend this into smooth paste by adding water.
- Heat oil in the same wok.
- Add cumin seeds , let it splutter.
- Add the ground paste and salt and cook till oil separates.
- Add all dry spice powders. Mix well.
- Add 2 cups water and coriander leaves and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Check for salt, if required add again.
- Squeeze little lime juice.
- Add sev before serving or it will become soft.