Preparation time : 8 hours
Cooking time : 15 mins
- Urad dal: 1/4 kg
- Mint chutney :2 tbsp
- Imli chutney: 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder: 1/2tsp
- Salt:for taste
- Baking soda: 1/4 tsp
- Chaat masala:1/2 tsp
- Green chillies: 1 finely chopped
- Oil: for deep frying
- Soak urad dal in water overnight or for 8 hours.
- Drain and grind it to a smooth and thick paste.
- Add green chillies,salt and baking soda into the batter and mix well so that the batter becomes fluffy.
- Heat oil in a pan, make medium sized dumplings of batter and deep fry till it becomes golden brown.
- After frying soak the vadas in water for 15 mins.
- Remove it from water and completely squeeze water from the vadas .
- While serving add yogurt at the base. Immerse vada into it and add more yogurt from top.
- Top it with mint chutney and imli chutney.Sprinkle chilli powder and chaat masala and serve.
You must log in to post a comment.