Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Rice : 1 cup
- Dal : 3/4 cup
- onions: 1 finely chopped
- tomato: 1 finely chopped
- cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Asofetida:1/2 tsp
- green chilli : 1 finely chopped
- coriander leaves: few chopped
- dry round red chilli : 2
- turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- garlic : 5 to 6 cloves crushed
- salt: for taste
- vegetable oil
- In a pressure cooker , cook together rice, dal, garlic, salt, green chillies and turmeric powder.
- Cook until the rice and dal is cooked well, mash it with the spoon laddle and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, add cumin seeds, dry red chilli , asoefetida and saute .
- Add onion and saute till it becomes translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook till it turns mushy.
- Add salt and turmeric powder .
- Add the cooked rice and dal into the wok and cook for 5 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.