Chicken sukkha is a kerala style dry chicken recepie with coconut . This recepie has all the kerala spices which adds more taste to the dish. It can be served with roti or rice.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time : 30 mins
- Chicken: 1/4 kg
- Onion: 1 large finely chopped
- Grated coconut: 1 cup
- Dry coconut / khopra: 1/4 cup chopped
- Green chillies: 2
- Garlic cloves: 4 to 5
- Ginger: small piece
- Red chilli powder: 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Garam masala : 1 tsp
- Chicken masala: 1 tbsp
- Salt: for taste
- Curry leaves: few
- Coriander leaves: for garnishing
- Lime juice : 1 tsp
- Coconut oil: 2 tbsp
- In a blender , make a smooth paste adding garlic, ginger, green chillies, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and little water. Keep it aside.
- Boil chicken in a pressure cooker with little turmeric powder, 2 garlic cloves , pepper powder and salt , for 3 whistles.
- In a wok, heat oil, add curry leaves and chopped dry coconut/ khopra. Saute for a minute.
- Add chopped oniona and little salt and saute until it turna golden brown.
- Add the ground masala paste to this and mix well.
- Add chicken masala and blend well.
- Now add the chicken stock and the chicken pieces.
- Cook on high flame for 3 to 4 mins.
- Mix well and add grated coconut.
- Check if salt is enough if not add more.
- Mix well and add lime juice and coriander leaves.
You must log in to post a comment.