A typical north indian desert recepie. Its commonly made as prasad during religious festivals or rituals. This recepie is made in pure cow ghee which gives a special aroma and taste to the dish.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Rava / sooji : 1 large cup
- Milk : 2 cups
- Sugar: 1 n 1/2 cup
- Powdered cardamom: 1 tsp
- Ripe bananas: 2 chopped
- Cow ghee: 2 to 3 tbsp
- Cashews and raisins: 1/2 cup
- Almonds: grated for garnishing
- In a wok add little ghee and slightly roast the cashews and raisins and keep it aside.
- In the same wok add chopped bananas and saute for a minute until it starts caramelizing and turns mushy.
- Heat a pan, add ghee and roast rava till it turns slight brown and aroma starts coming.
- Stir continously so that rava doesnt get burnt.
- Now add 2 cups of milk and sugar mix well.
- You can add water if needed.
- Let it cook for 3 to 5 mins.
- Add mashed banana and cashews and raisins and mix well till it gets cooked well.
- Add little more ghee and mix well.
- Garnish with grated almonds.