This recepie is a traditional kerala recepie made in authentic spices and condiments.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Serves: 5 to 6
- Chicken : 1/2 kg
- Onions: 3 chopped
- Tomatoes: 2 chopped
- Shallots: 7 to 8
- Ginger: 1 big piece
- Garlic: 7 to 8 cloves
- Green chillies: 3 verticaly slit
- Black peppercorn: 2 tsp
- Fennel seeds: 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tbsp
- Garam masala / chicken masala : 1 tbsp
- Salt: for taste
- Coconut oil: 3 to 4 tbsp
- Lime juice : 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves: few finely chopped
- Curry leaves: 2 to 3 strands
- Hot water: 1 cup
- Blend together ginger, garlic, black pepper corns, fennel seeds and little water into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add curry leaves.
- Add the ground paste and saute till the raw smell goes.
- Add onions and salt and saute.
- Add shallots and green chillies and saute until onion becomes golden brown.
- Add all the dry spice powders and sprinkle little water and saute well for almost 5 to 7 mins.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and cook covered for 2 mins until it turns mushy.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 7 mins.
- After 5 mins check for salt and add if required.
- Add 1 cup hot water and cook covered for another 10 to 15 mins.
- Add lime juice, coriander leaves and curry leaves and mix well.
- Serve after keeping for atleast 10 mins.