Pidi or rice dumplings is a kerala recepie . Its a combination dish had with chicken or beef curry.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Serves: 4 to 5
- Roasted rice flour: 1 big bowl
- Grated coconut: 1 big cup
- Shallots: 5 to 6
- Garlic cloves: 5 to 6
- Salt: for taste
- Cumin seeds: 2 tsp
- Hot water: 1 cup
- In a blender grind grated coconut, shallots , 1 tsp cumin seeds and 2 to 3 garlic cloves coarsely.
- Knead rice flour, along with ground coconut mixture, salt and hot water.Keep it aside for 10 mins.
- Make small round balls out of the dough.
- Heat water in a vessel along with 1/2 cup grated coconut, 1 tsp cumin seeds and 3 garlic cloves chopped.
- Let it boil.
- Add rice dumplings into it and mix.
- Cook for 15 to 20 mins till the water thickens .
- Serve with chicken or beef gravy.