Most popular sweet made during ganesh festival. Modaks are usually made during festivals and sankashti.
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Yield: 20 modaks
- Roasted Rice flour: 2 big cups
- Grated coconut: 1 n 1/2 cups
- Grated jaggery: 1 cup
- Cardamom: 1 tsp powdered
- Raisins: 1 tsp chopped
- Salt: a pinch
- Ghee: 2 tbsp
- Heat 2 cups of water in a vessel.
- Add a pinch of salt and 1 tsp ghee to it.
- Let it heat for 2 to 3 mins.
- Now pour this water into rice flour slowly and keep aside for 5 mins, let it cool down.
- Mix and knead into a soft dough.
- Heat ghee in a wok and add raisins; add grated coconut and jaggery and mix well.
- Add cardamom powder and mix for say 5 mins and turn off the flame.
- Now you can make modak using mould or by rolling it into round shape and placing the filling im centre and covering it in pleat form.
- I used the mould ; its readily available.
- After making the modaks , steam it in a big vessel with 2 cupa of water for 10 mins.
- Keep it aside for cooling before serving.
You must log in to post a comment.