A very easy to make recepie with left over idlis. This is a famous street food found in India.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Idlis: i tuk 3 idlis
- Onion: 1 cubed
- Capsicum: 1 cubed
- Garlic: 1 tsp finely chopped
- Ginger: 1 tsp finely chopped
- Green chillies: 1 chopped
- Tomato sauce: 1 tbsp
- Schezwan/ red chilli sauce: 2 tsp
- Soya sauce: 2 tsp
- Sugar: a pinch
- Salt: for taste
- Corn flour: 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Spring onion leaves: chopped for garnishing
- Cut idlis into quarter sizes.
- In a bowl , mix together cut idlis, corn flour, black pepper powder and little salt.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry the idlis till its golden brown in color.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, add garlic, ginger and green chillies; saute for a minute.
- Add onion and capsicum; saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add salt and mix.
- Add all the sauces and toss well.Add a pinch sugar for balancing.
- Now add the fries idlis to it and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion leaves.