A north indian gravy recepie made as a side dish for pooris, chapatis or bhatura.
Preparation time: 15mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Serves: 5 to 6
- Chana: 2 cups
- Onion: 2 finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 finely chopped
- Green chillies: 2 vertically slit
- Ginger: a small piece juliened
- Curry leaves: few
- Red chilli powder: 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Chana masala powder: 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable oil: 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves: few chopped
- Soak chana for 4 to 5 hours.
- Boil chana in pressure cooker with little salt and 3 small cups of water for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Heat oil in a wok, add cumin seeds, green chillies and curry leaves, let it splutter.
- Add onions and salt and saute till it becomes golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and saute till it becomes mushy.
- Now add all the dry spice powders, sprinkle little water and toss well for a minute.
- Add the cooked chana along with the water and cook for 5 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.