Ragi or finger millet is one of the most nutritious and healthy cereal. The natural fat content in ragi is lower than all other cereals. Also, this fat is in its unsaturated form. Thus, substituting it for wheat & rice is a good choice for people trying to lose weight.
This is a very simple and healthy recepie ; a must try recepie for all the diet conscious people.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Ragi/ finger millet: 1 large cup
- Onion: 1 finely chopped
- Green chillies: 2 finely chopped
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Ajwain: a pinch
- Vegetable oil
- Salt: for taste
- Curry leaves: few
- Grind ragi and make it into fine powder.
- Heat oil in a wok, add cumin seeds, torn curry leaves and saute.
- Add onion , ajwain and salt and toss till it becomes soft.
- Add ajwain, turmeric powderand red chilli powder and toss for 3 to 4 mins.
- Add ragi flour to this and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and put it in a bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup water and mix well.
- The consistency should me semi thick.
- Add more salt and mix if needed.
- Heat a tawa and grease with little oil and pour a big spoon full of batter .
- Cook each sides for 2 to 3 mins.
- Tastes good when served hot.