A very popular maharashtria dish , Poha ; made with flattened rice flakes. I have uploaded normal poha recepie before , this is the healthier version . Must try !!
Preparation time : 5 mins
Cooking time : 10 to 12 mins
- Poha: 2 small cups
- Onion: 1 finely chopped
- Green chillies: 2 finely chopped
- Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Asoefitida: 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Peanuts: 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves: few
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds , let it splutter.
- Add curry leaves, green chillies and asoefitida.
- Add peanuts and saute for a minute .
- Add onions and saute till it becomes golden brown.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and toss for a minute.
- Meanwhile wet the poha by sprinkling water little by little until it becomes completely soft.
- Add poha and mix well for 2 to 3 mins.
- Serve hot.
You must log in to post a comment.