Sprouted pulses have high nutritional value. Eating dishes made up of sprouted pulses 2 to 3 times a week is recommended by the nutritionists.
Here I have used sprouted chana , you may even use mixed pulses.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Sprouted chana: 1 cup
- Onion: 1 chopped
- Capsicum: 1 chopped
- Tomato: 1 chopped
- Garam masala: 1 tsp
- Green chillies: 1 or 2 slit
- Red chilli powder: 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Coriander leaves: finely chopped 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds: 1/4 tsp
- Vegetable oil: 1 tbsp
- Boil sprouted chana with little salt for 5 to 7 mins.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds, let it splutter.
- Add green chillies and a pinch of asoefitida.
- Add onion and saute for a minute.
- Add capsicum and saute till it turns soft.
- Add turmeric powder , red chilli powder and salt and sprinkle little water and toss well .
- Add tomatoes and saute till it turns mushy.add garam masala and mix.
- Now add the boiled sprouted chana and mix.
- Toss for another 3 to 4 mins.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with rotis or as side dish for rice.