Muthia is a staple food of gujaratis.This dish can b eaten steamed or fried (after steaming); It is equally tasty either way. I have made this using bajra flour, steamed and shallow fried.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Serves: 2 to 3
- Bajra / pearl millet flour: 1 cup
- Onion: finely chopped 1/2 cup
- Red chilli powder: 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves: few
- Coriander leaves: finely chopped
- Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Green chillies: 1 finely chopped
- Vegetable oil: 2 tbsp
- Salt: for taste
- In a bowl mix together bajra flour , onion, all dry spice powders , salt and little oil and make dough using little water.
- Now make medium sized cylindrical rolls out of this dough.
- Steam it for 5 mins.
- Let it cool.
- Chop it into small circles.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds, let it crackle.
- Now add curry leaves and green chillies and saute.
- Add the steamed muthia pieces into this and toss slightly.
- Give it a toss in between.
- Cook till it becomes slight golden brown.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
You must log in to post a comment.