Raw plaintain kebabs are made by mixing together plantains and chana dal with spices and then either you can deep fry or shallow fry it. I prefer to shallow fry it. Before frying it is rolled in corn flour which makes the kebabs more crispy. This can be made for snacks or as appetizers or when theres any guest at your place.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Raw plantain: 1
- Chana dal: 1/2 cup
- Onion: 1 finely chopped
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 2 tsp
- Garam masala: 1 tsp
- Amchur powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Ginger garlic: 1 tsp crushed
- Corn flour: 2tbsp
- Coriander leaves: few chopped
- Vegetable oil: 4 tbsp
- Soak chana dal for 2 hours.
- Boil it in pressure cooker till it gets cooked completely.
- Let it cool, after cooling grind it into smooth form.
- Cut the plantain along with skin into two halves.
- Boil this with little water in a pressure cooker for 4 to 5 whistles.
- Grind this to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a wok, add crushed ginger and garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add onions and saute till it becomes golden brown.
- Add all the dry spice powders and mix well. Turn off the flame and put this mixture into a bowl.
- To this bowl add the ground plantain and chana dal.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and salt and mix well and knead into a soft dough.
- Now make small round balls and flatten it.
- Heat oil in a kadai , roll the kebabs in corn flour and fry the kebabs.
- Serve with mint chutney or ketchup.
You must log in to post a comment.