Pudhina poha is a healthy and innovative version of the normal poha we make. A spicy paste is made using mint leaves and its added to the poha .
Preparation time: 5 to 7 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Poha : 1 1/2 cups
- Peanuts: 1/2 cup
- Onion: 1 finely chopped
- Green chillies: 1 finely chopped
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Asoefitida / hing powder: a pinch
- Coriander leaves: few
- Salt: for taste
- Oil: 1 tbsp
For the pudhina paste:
- Pudhina/ mint leaves: 1 cup
- Ginger: a small piece
- Green chillies: 2
- Water: 1/4 cup
- Soak poha by sprinkling water little by little.
- Drain extra water and keep aside.
- Now grind all the ingredients given under “for pudhina paste” into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds, let it splutter.
- Add peanuts and saute for a minute till it starts to get roasted.
- Add onion and green chilli and saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Now add turmeric powder and mix.
- Add the ground pudhina paste to this and mix well.
- Add little water just to mix.
- Now add the poha with salt and give a good mix.
- Cook for 2 to 3 mins and garnish with coriander leaves.