Red banana also known as ‘ kappa pazham ‘ in kerala is a very healthy and nutritious fruit. This is an eggless cake , made in pressure cooker . It turned out to be soft and fluffy. You can make it in oven too with the same recepie.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
Yield: small sized cake
- All purpose flour/ maida: 1 n 1/2 cups
- Red banana: 2 ripe
- Milk: 1/2 cup
- Baking powder: 1 tbsp
- Baking soda: 1 tsp
- Powdered sugar: 4 tbsp
- Vanilla essence: 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil/ butter: 1/4 cup
- Salt: for taste
- Cinamon powder: 1/3 cup for dusting
- In a bowl add all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda, mix and keep aside.
- In another bowl add banana paste,milk ,powdered sugar and oil and whisk properly without any lumps.
- Add this to the flour mix and whisk in one direction till everything gets mixed well.
- Once proper mixing is done , add vanilla essence and salt and again give a proper whisking in one direction.
- Now preheat the pressure cooker for 5 mins , layer the bottom of the cooker with salt .
- Grease the cake tray with oil or butter.
- Pour the cake batter to the tray and tap it so that theres no air bubble trapped.
- Keep the tray inside the cooker on a stand or a plate.
- Remove the whistle of the cooker lid and close the lid.
- Cook on medium flame for 45 mins.
- After 45 mins, open and check by inserting a knife or fork if the cake is cooked properly.
- Let it cool for sometime, and then transfer it to a serving plate.
- Dust it with powdered sugar and cinnamon and serve.
You must log in to post a comment.