Dal with palak is a perfect combination to make into a delicious gravy. In this recepie I have used masoor dal ( red lentils) with spinach along with few spices and condiments. Tired of making palak paneer and palak pakoda ?? Just give it a change.. ! This gravy goes well with chapatis, rotis and rice.
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 15 to 20 mins
- Palak / spinach leaves: 1 bunch
- Masoor dal : 1 cup
- Garlic cloves: 5 to 6
- Green chilli : 2
- Onion: 2 medium sized chopped
- Tomato: 1 finely chopped
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 2 tsp
- Garam masala : 1 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves: few
- Vegetable oil: 2 tbsp
- Soak masoor dal for 30 mins.
- Wash , clean and chop spinach leaves.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add cumin seeds, let it crackle.
- Add garlic and green chilli paste , saute for a minute.
- Add onions and saute till it becomes light brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook till it turns mushy.
- Add turmeric powder and chilli powder , mix well.
- Add the chopped spinach leaves and toss .
- Now to this add the soaked masoor dal with 1 cup water.
- Add salt and garam masala and mix.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Once the pressure comes down, open the lid and mix.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
You must log in to post a comment.