Winter has started here in India.. was craving to have something hot and chatpata .. As i had spinach leaves in stock thought of making hot and crispy bhajjiyas for evening snacks along with garma garam chai.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Palak / spinach leaves: 10 to 15
- Gram flour/ besan: 1 n 1/2 cups
- Red chilli powder: 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Ajwain/ carom seeds: 1 tbsp
- Hing / asoefitida powder: 1/4 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Oil: for frying
- Wash the spinach leaves, cut the stem and dry the leaves with a clean cloth.
- To make batter, in a bowl add besan , red chilli powder, turmeric powder, hing, ajwain and salt with little water and mix well.
- The batter should not be very thick, keep it little loose so that the bhajiyas will be more crispy.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, once the oil is hot enough , dip the leaves in batter one by one and put it into oil and deep fry.
- Let both the sides become golden in colour and crisp, remove from oil, drain and keep it in absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.