Radish is most commonly available during winters and it has got high nutritional value too. It can be prepared in different ways; I have made a quick and easy recepie , a side dish to be served with rice or chapatis.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Radish : 2 medium sized grated
- Onion: 1 chopped
- Curry leaves: few
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Green chillies: 2 slit
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- ginger garlic: crushed 1 tsp
- Salt : for taste
- Vegetable oil/ coconut oil: 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a kadhai.Add mustard seeds, let it splutter.
- Add curry leaves and green chillies saute for few seconds.
- Add onions with little salt and saute till it becomes soft.
- Add radish and stir for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add turmeric powder and salt as needed and mix.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 6 mins.
- Give a final stir and switch off the flame.