Spinach soup is a very healthy soup specially for the diet followers. It is rich in iron and various other nutrients. If you drink non diary based palak soup it has less calorie. This soup is a perfect drink during winter.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Spinach / palak leaves: 1/2 bunch
- Garlic: 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Pepper powder: 2 tsp
- Dried herbs: 1/2 tsp
- Fresh cream: 2 tbsp
- Vegetable stock / water: 1 cup
- Salt: for taste
- Butter/ oil: 1 tbsp
- Clean and dry the spinach leaves.
- Chop the leaves and keep aside.
- Heat oil or butter in a pan.
- Add garlic and saute for 30 secs.
- Add the chopped spinach leaves with salt. Saute till the leaves become soft.
- Add pepper powder and mix.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool.
- Blend the mix ina mixer into smooth paste.
- In the same pan , add the blend paste with little water or vegetable stock and boil.
- Add fresh cream and stir.
- Finally add little more pepper powder and dried herbs and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot!