Poached egg is a preparation in which the egg white solidifies and the egg yolk remains soft inside. I have made a spicy creamy gravy to which the egg is dropped and poached. Its a yummy side dish to be served with rice , rotis or bread.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Onion: 1 large finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 finely chopped
- Green chilli : 2 finely choppes
- Ginger garlic : 1 tsp crushed
- Eggs: 2
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder: 1 tsp
- Tomato ketchup: 1 tbsp
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Vegetable oil: 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a kadai, add cumin seeds , let it splutter.
- Add onions and saute till it becomes translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add tomatoes and saute till it becomes soft and mushy and oil starts leaving from sides.
- Add all dry spice powders and salt , sprinkle little water and mix all the masalas well.
- Add tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Now drop in two eggs into the prepared masla, cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Open the lid just give a minimal toss. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
You must log in to post a comment.