Makar Sankranti signifies that we should turn away from the darkness of delusion in which we live, and begin to joyously let the light within us shine brighter and brighter. We should gradually begin to grow in purity, wisdom, and knowledge, even as the sun does from this day. 🌻🌻☀☀🌞🌻🌻
Wish you all a very Happy Makar Sankranti !!!
Til ladoos are prepare and distributed on this day. Various varieties of til ladoos are made. Here I have made using seesame seeds and dried coconut flakes.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Yield: 20 ladoos
- Sesame seeds: 1 cup
- Jaggery : 3/4 cup
- Dried coconut flakes: 3 tbsp
- Ghee: 2 tbsp
- Heat a pan, add 1 n 1/2 tbsp of ghee and let it melt.
- Add sesame seeds and saute till it becomes light golden brown. Keep the flame low, keep stirring continously without getting burnt.
- Remov the seeds from the wok and keep aside.
- In the same pan add jaggery with 3 tbsp of water and cook , stirring in between for 5 minutes. The jaggery should become semi thick in consistency.
- Now add the roasted sesame seeds and dried coconut flakes and mix well.
- Remove from flame keep it for a minute.
- Start making ladoos immediately before it gets cool. Grease your palms with ghee while making the ladoos.
- Let the ladoos sit for some time and cool , and store in air tight container.