This recepie is a traditional way of preparing fish fries in kerala. The ingredient may vary with few items more or less. This is how we have been preparing since ages. You can use any fish , here I have used Neymeen / Seer fish.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total: 30 mins
Serves : 6
- Fish : 6 pieces ( i have used Neymeen / seer fish )
- Ginger garlic green chilli : 1 tbsp crushed
- Shallots / pearl onion: 3 to 4 crushed
- Turmeric powder: 3/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 2 tsp
- Pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Fish Masala : 1 tsp
- Curry leaves: few strands
- Salt: for taste
- Coconut oil: 1/2 cup
- Make a paste using all the dry spice powders, salt, crushed shallots and little water.
- Marinate the fish pieces with this paste. Keep it covered for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan. Layer it with curry leaves strands.
- Place the fish pieces on top of the curry leaves.
- Cook both the sides on medium flame till it becomes light brown and crisp.
- Serve with chopped onions and tomatoes.