Brocolli Chicken is an innovative dish I have prepared with coconut flakes as base. Brocolli florets are blanched and then put in the gravy. Have a look at the recepie to know in detail.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
- Chicken : 1 kg
- Brocolli florets: 1 bowl blanched
- Onion : 2 large finely chopped
- Tomatoes : 2 finely chopped
- Ginger garlic green chilli : 1 tbsl crushed
- Dry red chillies : 2
- Shallots / pearl onions: 8 to 10
- Dry coconut flakes : 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Chicken masala : 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Fresh Coconut slices : 2 tbsp chopped
- Salt: 1 n 1/2 tsp
- Ghee : 1 tsp
- Coconut oil: 3 tbsp
- Pressure cook chicken pieces with little turmeric powder , salt and water till it gets cooked. Chicken should not get overcooked.
- Drain the chicken stock and save it for later.
- To blanch brocolli , immerse it in hot water for 2 mins and remove and put it in cold water. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan. Add the fresh coconut pieces and fry till golden brown. Remove from pan and keep aside.
- In the same pan add shallots and dry red chilli and roast till the shallots changes its color. Now add the dried coconut flakes and toss till it becomes light golden brown.
- Let it cool for a minute and then coarsely grind it without adding water and keep aside.
- Now heat a pan in which chicken is to be cooked.
- Add coconut oil, let it heat, add onions and saute till it turns golden brown . Add little salt in between.
- Now add the crushed ginger garluc and green chilli paste and saute till the raw smell goes.
- To this add tomatoes and cook till it turns soft and mushy.
- Now add all the dry spice powders and mix well.
- Add the chicken stock and let the masalas cook for a minute.
- Add the cooked chicken pieces to this and mix well .
- Add the ground coconut mix and little water and mix ; let it cook for 5 mins.
- Now add the blanched brocolli and fried coconut pieces and give it a toss.
- Check for salt and spice.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and turn off the flame.