Kanjivellam or Rice soup is the suspension of starch obtained by draining boiled rice or by boiling rice until it completely dissolves into the water. This is a very delicious mousse recepie and very easy to make.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Kanji vellam : 2 cups
China grass : 3 tbsp
Sugar : 1 cup
Vanilla essence : 1 tsp
Food color ( green , orange ) : 1/4 tsp each
- Soak China grass in 1 cup water for 5 mins.
- Boil this in medium flame.
- Once it starts boiling, keep it in low flame and simmer for 10 to 15 mins till the water reduces and thickens.
- Add sugar and stir.
- Remove from flame and add rice water and vanilla essence and mix.
- Take 3 different bowls. Pour the mix in all 3 bowls add orange food color in one bowl and green in other and mix and let it cool under room temperature for 5 mins.
- Now keep it in freezer for 30 mins and quick freeze.
- After 30 mins , its ready to serve.