Thoran is a dry version of side dish in kerala cuisine. In the last post I had made Jackfruit smoothie. I had the seeds of the jackfruit (Chakkakuru)so I made it into thoran with drumstick (Muringakya). This is usually served along with rice but can also be had with chapatis.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Chakkakuru / jackfruit seeds: 1 cup
- Drumstick : 3 long peeled n chopped
- Grated coconut: 1 cup
- Garlic cloves: 3
- Green chillies: 2
- Shallots: 3
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chilli: 2
- Curry leaves: few
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Coconut oil: 2 tbsp
- Peel the skin of jackfruit seeds and chop into two halves.
- Boil this with salt and turmeric powder.
- Once the seeds are half cooked add drumsticks.
- Remove from flame and keep aside after it gets cooked.
- Heat oil in wok, add mustard seeds, let it splutter. Add dry red chilli and curry leaves and give it a toss.
- Add coarsely ground mixture of fresh grated coconut, cumin seeds, garlic, shallots and green chillies.Toss it for a minute.
- Add boiled jackfruit seeds and drumstick and mix.
- Now add salt and red chilli powder and mix well.
- Keep stirring in medium flame for 5 mins and switch off the flame.
You must log in to post a comment.