My first trial of making wine was success. I got inspiration from my aunt who had made amazing grape wine recently and I thought of giving it a try. In this recepie , the grapes are fermented with sugar and few spices & condiments.
Red wine or grape wine has many health benefits. It lowers your cholesterol, protects your heart, boosts your brain power etc etc.
Lets have a look at the detailes recepie below 👇
Preparation time : 25 days
Cooking time : 10 mins
- Black Grapes: 1.5 kg
- Sugar: 1/2 kg
- Cinnamon stick : 2 big
- Green cardamom : 2
- Cloves: 3
- Water: 10 glasses
- Wash, clean and sun dry the grapes for 24 hours.
- Boil 10 glasses of water and cool it completely to room temperature.
- Now take an earther pot or wide jar in which you are going to make wine.
- Add 10 glasses of water first. To this add sugar.
- Add cardamoms, cinnamon sticks and cloves.
- Now add the grapes to the pot and stir it well with a wooden spoon.
- Close it with a lid and tie the lid portion of pot with a clean cloth.
- Store the pot in a cool and dark place.
- After 1 day, remove the pot, open the lid and stir well.
- Close it and keep the pot the same way.
- Repeat this for 3 consecutive days.
- On 21st day, remove grapes from the pot into a clean cloth. Tie the cloth and crush the grapes.
- Put the grapes back into the pot.
Close it and keep it for another 3 days.
- Finally on 25th day, open the lid, stir well and strain the prepared wine into a vessel.
- Store it in air tight glass bottle.
Few steps pictures are shown below for your reference.