Aamras is the pulp of the tropical fruit mango which is prepared usually during summers.The pulp of the ripe mango is extracted usually by hand and consumed along with Pooris, roti or had as a desert. Milk and dry ginger powder or cardamom powder is added to the pulp to enhance its flavour. Sugar is also added to adjust the sweetness.
A regional version of Amras is a popular dessertin Rajasthani cuisine, Maharashtra(ambyacha ras), Gujarati homes, especially during festivities.
Checkout the recepie below 👇
Preparation time : 1 hour
Serves : 5 to 6
- Ripe Mangoes : 4 medium size
- Dry ginger powder: 1 tsp
- Powdered sugar: 2 tbsp
- Milk: 1 cup cold
- Extract the pulp out of the ripe mangoes using your hands or just peel and chop the mangoes. I have used kesari mangoes , any mangies of your choice can be used.
- In a juicer blend together the extracted pulp with milk into fine consistency.
- Add dry ginger powder and powdered sugar and mix well.
- Keep it in refrigerator for atleast 1 hour.
- Add chopped mangoes or dry fruits on top before serving.
2 thoughts on “Aamras”
Looks amazing n refreshing
Thankyou soo much Mam 😊
You must log in to post a comment.