Thoran is a dry stir fry prepared using any veggies with grated coconut as base.
I have made this recepie using french beans which is served as side dish with rice or chapatis.
Checkout the recepie below
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- French beans: 1/4 kg
- Grated fresh coconut: 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Dry red chilli: 1 halved
- Curry leaves: few
- Garlic cloves: 2 to 3
- Green chillies: 2
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Asoefitida: 1/4 tsp
- Coconut oil: 2 tbsp
- Chop the french beans into small pieces.
- Prepare coconut mixture by grinding together fresh grated coconut , garlic cloves, green chillies and cumin seeds. Just coarsely grind the mixture.
- Heat oil in a kadai , add mustard seeds , let it crackle.
- Add asoefitida and curry leaves and toss.
- Add the chopped beans and saute on medium flame till it becomes soft.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and mix.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes and add ground coconut mixture and mix well.
- Now keep stirring for 5 minutes and switch off the flame.