Sheera is a very popular North Indian desert which is usually prepared during festivals and fastings.
This summer season thought of making the same sheera with added mango flavour. Mango pulp is added to the sheera to give it a perfect juicy texture and sweetness.
Checkout the recepie below
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Rava / semolina: 1 cup
- Sugar : 5 tbsp
- Boiled Milk: 1 1/2 cup
- Mango pulp: 1 cup
- Cardamom powder: 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla essence: 2 drops
- Chopped almonds: 1 tbsp
- Chopped pistachios: 1 tbsp
- Chopped mango pieces: 1 tbsp
- Ghee: 3/4 cup melted
- Heat a non stick tawa. Add melted ghee to it.
- Add Rava and roast for 5 to 6 mins on medium flame till the raw smell goes off.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder and stir for another 2 to 3 mins.
- Now add mango pulp and 2 drops of vanilla essence and mix well.
- Finally add milk and keep stirring so that no lumps are formed.
- Keep stirring for 5 mins and add chopped almonds and pistachios and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and add chopped mangoes on top while serving.