Moru kachiyath or Spiced Yogurt is a very popular dish from kerala. It is prepared in different ways in various parts of the state.
In this recepie I have cooked and added tomatoes to the spiced yogurt and boiled. Its a perfect side dish with Steamed or boiled rice.
Lets checkout the recepie below 👇
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time : 15 mins
- Thick Curd : 1 big cup
- Tomatoes: 2 small chopped
- Shallots / pearl onion: 3 finely chopped
- Ginger: 1 small pieces finely chopped
- Curry leaves: few
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Green chillies: 2 slit
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Coconut oil: 1 tbsp
- Boil chopped tomatoes with green chilli, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and little salt for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile beat the curd and make it loose by adding little water. It should be of medium thick consistency.
- Heat a kadai, add coconut oil.
- Add mustard seeda , let it splutter.
- Add chopped ginger and curry leaves and toss for few seconds.
- Add finely chopped shallots and saute for 2 mins.
- Add the boiled tomatoes to the kadai and mix well.
- Finally add whisked curd and add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Switch off the flame just before it starts to boil.
- Serve hot along with Rice.