It’s being more than a month at my hubby’s place and I got to learn and experiment various new recepies. One such recepie is Masala Bonda. In Mumbai similar kind of Vada is made for Vada pav but here the spices and masalas are different . This is usually had with chutney for breakfast or during snack time.
Let’s checkout the recepie below :
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time : 30 mins
Serves: 5 to 7
- Potatoes : 5 boiled and smashed
- Onions : 2 finely chopped
- Ginger : 1 tbsp crushed
- Green chillies: 3 finely chopped
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seed powder: 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tbsp
- Salt: for taste
- Asoefitida powder: 1/2 tsp
- Gram flour: 1 cup
- Coconut oil: 2 tbsp + 1 cup
- Heat oil in a pan, add crushed ginger and green chillies and toss.
- Add onions and salt and saute till it turns light brown.
- Add turmeric powder and fennel seed powder and mix well.
- Add boiled and smashed potatoes and combine well with the masala.
- Mix and keep aside for cooling.
- Meanwhile prepare batter by mixing together gram flour, red chilli powder, a pinch of turmeric powder, asoefitida powder, salt and sufficient water.
- The batter should be of semi thick consistency.
- Make small balls of the prepared potato masala.
- Heat oil for frying in a kadai.
- Dip the balls in batter and deep fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot with chutney.