Mushrooms are one of my favourites. I usually make dry recepies with mushrooms but this time my FIL suggested me to try butter masala and I thought of giving it a try.
Let’s checkout the recepie below :
Preparation time: 15mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Mushrooms: 1 large cup chopped
- Onion: 2 finely chopped
- Tomatoes: 2 finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp
- Cinnamon stick: 1 small piece
- Bay leaf: 1
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Green chillies: 2 slit
- Cashews: 1/2 cup
- Thick cream : 2 tbsp
- Butter: 4 tbsp
- Coriander leaves: few chopped
- Boil mushrooms with little saltand turmeric powder and keep aside when done.
- Heat butter in a kadai, add cumin seeds, let it crackle.
- Add green chillies and onion and salt and saute till onions turn light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add tomatoes and cook till they turn mushy.
- Add turmeric powder and chilli powder and mix well . Sprinkle little water so that the masalas combine well.
- Add cashews and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool.
- Transfer this to a blender and blend into fine paste by adding little water.
- In the same kadai, add little butter.
- To this add cinamon stick and bay leaf and give it a toss.
- Add the boiled and drained mushrooms and toss on high flame for 2 mins.
- Add the ground masala paste and mix well.
- Add water to adjust the consistency and boil for 5 mins.
- Finally add cream and chopped coriander leaves and mix.
- Mushroom Butter Masala is ready to be served.