Irumban Puli is a common fruit found in Kerala which is of great culinary intrest.The English name of this fruit is Averrhoa Billimbi.
In Kerala it is used to make pickles and commonly used while making fish curries. It is dried and used as preservative too.
Irumban Puli juice was a new recepie for me when I found this at my hubby place. So I thought of sharing the recepie with my readers.
Let’s checkout the recepie below:
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Serves: 1 bottle
- Irumban Puli : 1/2 kg
- Sugar: 2 cups
- Water: 1 to 2 cups
- Flavoured essence: 1 tbsp
- Ice cubes: few
- Wash and clean Irumban Puli.
- Boil this in water till it becomes soft.
- Drain the water and transfer this into a sieve.
- Press and remove the juice into a vessel.
- You may get around 4 glasses of pulpy juice. Keep it aside.
- Heat 1 cup of water and add 2 cups of sugar and make sugar water.
- Keep stirring continuously and switch off the flame when the sugar water gets thick consistency.
- Once done keep it aside for cooling.
- Mix the irumban Puli juice with sugar water and add any flavoured essence and transfer this to a bottle and store it in refrigerator .
- Dilute this drink with water and ice cubes and blend it in a blender before serving.
- It can be stored in refrigerator for months.