Fish Chilli is a delicious recepie that every seafood lover would love to eat. I have been continously posting fish recepies since last few days as I am trying various recepies daily.
Fish Chilli goes well with Chinese rice or noodles and even rotis and chapatis. I have made it semi dry , you can make it more dry or gravy accordingly.
Here, I have used tuna fish ; any fish without thorns and sufficient flesh can be used to make this recepie.
Let’s checkout the recepie below
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Fish pieces: 1 large cup
- Onion: 2 small cubes
- Green capsicum: 2 sliced
- Green chillies: 2 finely chopped
- Ginger: 1 small piece finely chopped
- Garlic: 10 to 12 cloves finely chopped
- Dry red chillies: 6
- Soya sauce: 1 tbsp
- Salt : for taste
- Vegetable oil: as required
- Corn flour: 1/2 cup
- Refined flour/ maida: 1/2 cup
- Red chilli powder: 2 tsp
- Black pepper powder: 2 tsp
- Spring onion leaves: few finely chopped
- Marinate the fish pieces with red chilli powder, Balck pepper powder and salt for 15 mins.
- Soak dry red chillies in warm water for 5 mins and grind it into fine paste and keep aside.
- Make batter by mixing together corn flour, refined flour, red chilli powder, Black pepper powder salt and sufficient water to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Dip the fish pieces in batter and drop into oil one by one , similarly fry all the pieces to golden brown and drain and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok, add ginger , garlic and green chillies. Toss for few seconds.
- Add onions and salt and saute on high flame till onions turn translucent and crisp.
- Add capsicum and saute till it becomes soft.
- Add 1/2 tsp black pepper powder and mix.
- Now add 1 tbsp soya sauce and ground red chilli paste and mix well.
- Add cornflour mixed water at this stage if you want it to be gravy.
- Add the fried fish pieces and mix well.
- Finally sprinkle spring onion leaves and serve.
You must log in to post a comment.