Pulissery is a popular recepie prepared for Onam sadhya. As its the month of Onam I will be posting few recepies related to Onasadhya. And this recepie is one of them but with a innovation. Pulissery is spiced yogurt made commonly with ripe mangoes. It is also prepared with ripe plantain. But here I have used a very different fruit, KIWI.
Do try this innovative recepie which tastes similar like the common pulissery that we prepare and let me know your suggestions and feedback.
So lets checkout the recepie below:
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Kiwi fruit: 1 peeled and chopped
- Thick curd: 1 cup
- Fresh grated coconut: 3/4 cup
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds: 3/4 tsp
- Green Chillies: 2
- Garlic cloves: 2
- Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chilli: 2 broken
- Curry leaves: few
- Salt: for taste
- Coconut oil: 2 tbsp
- Boil chopped Kiwis with little turmeric powder and a pinch of salt in 1 cup water.
- Switch off the flame when it starts to boil.
- Make a fine paste by grinding together grated coconut,green chillies,garlic cloves,cumin seeds and little water.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds,let it crackle.
- Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and toss.
- Add the coconut paste and mix.
- Now add the residual water in which kiwi was cooked.
- Add turmeric powder and let it boil.Now add the boiled kiwi pieces and mix.
- Lower the flame and add the beaten thick curd.
- The consistency should be semi thick , not too watery.
- Add salt and mix.
- Heat it for a minute or too, do not boil it.
- Switch off the flame and add few curry leaves.
- Serve hot with rice