A traditional tea time snack prepared in Kerala, it is very easy to make and delicious . It is prepared using the leftover rice flour dough prepared to make kozhukkattai ( sweet dish ) . Small dumplings are made of this dough and steamed and finally it is tempered in coconut oil with some spices and shallots.
Let’s checkout the detailed recepie below 👇
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Rice flour dough : 1 cup
- Shallots : 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Curry leaves: few
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Fresh grated coconut: 1/2 cup
- Red Chilli flakes: 1 tbsp
- Salt: for taste
- Coconut oil: 3 tbsp
- Make small dumplings of the leftover kozhukkattai dough / rice flour dough.
- Steam these dumplings for 10 mins and keep aside when done.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds,let it splutter.
- Add curry leaves and grated coconut and toss for a minute.
- Add the steamed dumplings to the pan with salt and red chilli flakes and mix well.
- Toss for a minute or two and switch off the flame.
You must log in to post a comment.