Pazhampori,a traditional snack of Kerala is prepared using Ripe plantain but here I have substituted it with Dole Bananas as the raw plantains are not available easily at our place.
Very easy to prepare with few ingredients. Let’s checkout the detailed recepie below
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Dole Bananas: 3
- Plain flour: 1 cup
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: 1/4 tsp
- Sugar: 4 tbsp
- Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
- Black sesame seeds: 1 tbsp
- Oil:1 cup for frying
- Peel the skin and slice bananas into thin rectangle pieces.
- Prepare batter by mixing together flour,salt,sugar,turme turn, baking soda and black sesame seeds.
- Heat oil for frying.
- When oil gets heated, add a teaspoon of hot oil to the batter and mix.
- Dip the banana slices in the batter and drop into the oil.
- Deep fry till both sides turn golden brown.
- Drain and remove from oil. Serve hot.