Upmas are usually not liked much by kids and some adults too. So what I do is I try to make it colourful so one tends to eat that what is disliked . Here I have added veggies and good amount of ghee to make the dish look colourful and also flavourful. It’s healthy as well as easy to make recepie. Do try this and upma haters will love eating upma again and again.
Let’s checkout the recepie below 👇
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Rava / semolina: 2 n 1/2 cups
- Onions: 1 finely chopped
- Green chilli: 2 finely chopped
- Ginger: 1 tsp finely chopped
- Curry leaves: few
- Veggies : 1 cup chopped ( any veggies of your choice)
- Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp
- Urad dal: 1 tsp
- Asoefitida powder: 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Fresh grated coconut: 4 tbsp
- Ghee: 1/2 cup
- Heat a pan,add ghee. Add mustard seeds,let it splutter.
- Add urad dal and toss till it starts to brown.
- Add ginger ,green chillies,curry leaves and asoefitida powder and toss .
- Add onions and salt and saute till it turns light brown.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add chopped veggies of your choice ( I had used carrots,French beans,peas,corn kernels) and saute well.
- Add 4 cups of hot water,let it boil.
- Lower the flame and add Rava gradually,stirring simultaneously.
- Add more hot water if required .
- Cover and cook on low flame for 2 mins.
- Finally add fresh grated coconut,mix well and switch off the flame.