Manga Curry / Tender Mango Curry .. prepared in Kerala style.. I learnt this recepie from my Mother in law ,back when I was in Kerala.. It’s prepared in coconut oil and coconut milk which gives the rich taste to the gravy..
Checkout the recepie below 👇
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Mango pieces: 1 cup peeled n cubed
- Thick Coconut milk: 1 cup
- Thin coconut milk: 1 cup
- Vinegar: 3 tbsp
- Onions: 1 finely sliced
- Shallots: 10
- Green chillies: 2 slit
- Ginger: 1 tsp finely chopped
- Curry leaves:few
- Turmeric powder: 3/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 2 tsp
- Coriander powder:1 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp
- Dry red chilli: 2
- Salt: for taste
- Coconut oil: 4 tbsp
- In a Mannchatti / earthern vessel ( mostly preferred) add together onions, ginger, green chillies,curry leaves,dry spice powders,salt,thin coconut milk,2 tbsp coconut oil,5 shallots and mix with hands.
- Switch on the flame and let it boil.
- Add Mango pieces when it starts to boil.
- Add vinegar and cover and cook for 10 mins.
- Switch off the flame and add thick coconut milk.
- For tempering,heat 2 tbsp oil, add mustard seeds,let it splutter.
- Add dry red chillies,curry leaves and chopped shallots and toss for few seconds.
- Add this to the gravy and keep it covered for sometime before serving.