CHEMBU MULAGU CURRY 🥘 Arbi / Colocacia in spiced gravy prepared in Kerala fish curry style… It tastes very similar to fish curry.. except that fish pieces are replaced with chembu .. Checkout thedetailed recepie below 👇
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Chembu /Arbi : 1 n 1/2 cups chopped
- Onions: 1 sliced
- Tomatoes: 1 roughly chopped
- Kudampuli/ pot tamarind: 2 nos.
- Shallots: 5 to 6
- Ginger: 1 small piece
- Garlic: 4 cloves
- Green chillies: 2 slit
- Curry leaves: few sprigs
- Mustard Seed: 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds: 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 3/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 2 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Coconut oil: 4 tbsp
- Boil the chembu pieces with little salt and turmeric powder. Do not over cook.
- Heat oil in a wok / Meenchatti . Add mustard seeds,let it splutter. Add fenugreek seeds and toss.
- Add sliced onions,crushed ginger ,garlic and shallots,curry leaves, green chillies and little salt and saute till onions turn light brown.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder and mix well till oil separates.
- Add a cup of hot water,cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Add kudampuli/ pot tamarind when it starts boiling.
- Add boiled chembu pieces and some more water and cover and cook for another 10 mins. Add salt if required.
- Switch off the flame when done and keep it covered for some time before serving.