BAINGAN MASALA .. Deep fried baby brinjals in creamy gravy.. Brinjals being my favourite veggie I love to have it again and again.. This is the first time I had used Baby Brinjals and yes I am gonna use it henceforth
When I went for vegetable shopping this time I found these baby Brinjals and I had no idea what are the recepies prepared using these. But bought them and prepared this spicy and creamy BAINGAN MASALA and everyone out here loved it though; which again motivates me to try different food items.
Lets Checkout the recepie below
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Baby Brinjals: 650 g
- Onions: 2 large finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 large finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp
- Green chilli: 2 chopped
- White sesame seeds: 2 tbsp
- Dry coconut: 4 tbsp grated
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder: 1 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin powder: 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder: 1 tsp
- Green cardamom: 2
- Cinnamon stick: 1 small
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Kasuri methi: 1/4 tsp crushed
- Vegetableoil: 4 tbsp + 1 cup for frying.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Drop in the baby Brinjals and deep fry till both sides turn light brown and soft.Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and little salt and saute till they turn brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add tomato puree and cook till they turn mushy.
- Add all the dry spice powders and mix well. Sprinkle some water and saute for a minute.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool. Blend them into fine paste.
- Meanwhile dry roast grated dry coconut and white sesame seeds and grind into fine paste by adding water.
- In the same wok, add some oil, add cumin seeds,let it splutter. Add green cardamom and cinnamon stick and toss.
- Add the ground onion tomato paste and a cup of water and cook till it starts to boil.
- Add coconut sesame seed paste and mix.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 10 mins.
- Add the fried baby Brinjals and mix. Cover and cook again for 10 mins.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and crushed kasuri methi and mix.