KAPPA ERISSERY !!! Kerala style gravy prepared using Cassava / Tapioca with rich flavours of fresh grated coconut ,roasted coconut and coconut oil.
In Kerala, ERISSERY is usually prepared using Raw Plantain, green Moong beans and coconut. I tried this popular recepie with kassava in a innovative way and was a success.
Lets checkout the recepie below 👇
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Kappa / Cassava: 2 cups roughly chopped
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Fresh grated coconut: 1 cup + 3 tbsp
- Green chilli: 2 slit
- Garlic: 5 to 6
- Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp
- Curry leaves: few sprigs
- Dry red chillies: 3 to 4 broken
- Salt: as required
- Coconut oil: 4 tbsp
- Pressure cook Kappa/ Cassava with turmeric powder,red chilli powder and salt for 5 whistles till they are soft and mushy.
- Let the pressure come down,open and mash it coarsely.
- Grind together 1 cup grated coconut,cumin seeds,green chillies and garlic coarsely. Just pulse it for 2 seconds.
- After mashing the Tapioca , and some more water and cook stirring intermittently.
- Add the coconut mix and combine well.
- Cook for 10 mins, stirring intermittently.
- For tempering heat a pan, add coconut oil, add mustard seeds when the oil is hot enough. Let it splutter.
- Add 3 tbsp grated coconut and stir till it starts to brown.
- Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and toss.
- Pour this tempering on top of gravy and mix well.
- Serve with rice and fish gravy.
LIKE| SHARE| COMMENT if you like the recepie.